We are cooperating with companies who are eager to invest in emerging technologies. They are also looking for new talents!
We are looking for a frontend developer to strengthen our UI team behind ahrefs.com, with ReasonReact as the base of the technology stack. You will be closely working with our designers and QA to build an ergonomic user interface.
- Proficiency and experience in ReasonML will be appreciated, otherwise, a strong inclination to intensively learn it in the short term
- Elasticsearch experience is a plus
- Experience with other functional and statically-typed languages (Elm, OCaml, F#, Haskell, Scala, etc.) is a plus
In this role, you are expected to:
- Test for cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device compatibility
- Understand business needs and user behaviour, and propose UI/UX improvement
- Write clean & modular code
- Follow modern web best practices
- Work independently
- Bonus points for not messing up Git rebase
If your preference is leaning towards functional languages on the server side, you may want to consider our OCaml position instead.
Who we are
Ahrefs runs an internet-scale bot that crawls the whole web 24/7, storing huge volumes of information to be indexed and structured in a timely fashion. Our backend system is powered by a custom petabyte-scale distributed key-value storage to accommodate all that data coming in at high speed. With this data, Ahrefs builds analytics services for end-users in the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) space and a web-scale search platform.
We are a lean and robust team who strongly believe that better technology leads to better solutions for real-world problems.
Our motto is "first do it, then do it right, then do it better".
What You Get
At Ahrefs, we value our people and working here has never been more rewarding. We offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Informal and thriving work atmosphere
- First-class workplace equipment (hardware & tools)
- Above-average perks and fringe benefits
Work location for this role could be:
We're always hiring software developers for all three of our offices. Technology is at the core of how we approach that work and developers are intimately tied in to every area of the business.
We are big believers in functional programming, using OCaml, a statically-typed functional programming language, as our primary development language. We also believe in the value of open source software, using it in our daily work and releasing hundreds of thousands of lines of our own code as open source.
You should have:
- Top-notch programming skills.
- Deep experience with - and love for - technology. There's no specific checklist; we use software to approach a variety of problems, so we're interested in everything from machine learning to systems administration to programming language design.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Software development at Jane Street is highly collaborative, and we are looking for people who can work effectively in small, close-knit teams.
We don’t expect you to have experience with functional programming, OCaml, or finance; we’re happy to hire talented developers and teach them what they need to know. If you'd like to get an idea of what we cover in our software development interview process, you can read our recent blog post.
We’re looking for talented React Native engineers to partner with amazing product companies to work as part of a team on React Native apps for iOS and Android. We regularly partner with Y Combinator funded product companies that place a high value on engineering. Strong communication and documentation skills are needed as this is a fast paced engineering environment. At least 3 months of React Native experience is required and full stack experience with Rails or Node.js is a plus (Apollo Client/GraphQL experience a huge plus). While we prefer candidates that have experience in native Android (Java) or iOS (Objective C), it isn’t required.
Contract lengths vary depending on the project, but range from 1 to 3 months (some last as long as 6 months). We also have contract to hire roles available, where after a short contract the company hires you full time remotely. The majority of our clients are in the San Francisco area so the closer to that timezone the better. You must be living in North America, South America or Europe.
Requirements: You must be living in North America, South America or Europe Fluent with both verbal and written English React Native code samples you can share OR willingness to complete a 6-8 hour code challenge (priority will be given to candidates that can provide code samples) 30-40 hours per week of availability Mid-Senior or Senior level Position (4+ years of professional experience) 3+ months of React Native experience (with a production app)
Nice to have's: Full stack experience (Rails or Node.js) Professional Obj-C or Java experience (Helpful when working with native modules using React Native) 6+ months of React Native experience Experience with Apollo Client & GraphQL Onsite travel is not required but is often appreciated by our partners (Please let us know if that is an option)
We have other React & React Native roles and we'll invite you to join our developer community if we think you are a good fit!